How to Apply
Start your application today
Apply to UCA Today
1. Stage II Application Form
2. Two recommendation forms from English and Math instructors
3. Financial aid application
Stage I Application Form & Supporting Documents
Submit the completed UCA Stage I Application Form and supplementary documents to reach UCA no later than March 15th 2021 at 11:59pm (GMT+6) including:
- Completed Stage I Application Form (Sections A to Е);
- A clear copy of a government issued photo ID or Passport;
- One photograph on a white background showing the applicant's face, taken in the last 3 months.
All international student applicants are required to submit academic transcripts
You can submit your application in two ways:
UCA takes no responsibility for Stage I or II applications received after the indicated deadlines..
If completing a hard copy application, the application package can be submitted to any one of the following addresses by the appropriate deadline.
The completed hard copy application package can be submitted to any one of the following addresses:
University of Central Asia Administration Office
138 Toktogul Street, Bishkek
720001, Kyrgyz Republic
University of Central Asia Naryn Campus
310 Lenin Street, Naryn
722911, Kyrgyz Republic
University of Central Asia Khorog Campus
155 Qimatsho Imatshoev Street, Khorog, GBAO
19 Seitaaly Jakypov Street, Naryn
722900, Kyrgyz Republic
47A Druzhba Narodov Avenue, Dushanbe
734013, Republic of Tajikistan
126 Lenin Street, Khorog, GBAO
736000, Republic of Tajikistan
13 Gagarin Street, Tekeli
041700, Republic of Kazakhstan
Admissions Application Checklist
Good to know!
Full scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to meritorious students from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. These include:
- exceptional academic achievements in UCA's admissions test,
- 1st place award in Republican Olympiads in all subjects,
- Gold Certificate for the General Republican Testing (ORT).
Relevant certificates and other documents should be submitted by shortlisted candidates to UCA's Admissions Office.
In the case of exceptional academic performance at the UCA’s admissions test, students may be eligible for conditional direct enrolment to the second year of UCA's five-year degree. Provided that these, students from Tajikistan must present their results of the National Testing results such as NTC in Tajikistan and ORT in Kyrgyzstan.
Questions on How to Apply?
UCA Admissions Test & SAT Scores
Students who have submitted a completed Stage I application will have the option to either sit for an Admissions Exam or submit SAT and SAT Essay scores by the same deadline. In addition to the UCA admissions test, applicants from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan need to satisfy national testing system requirements.
UCA's Admissions Test will be conducted at designated testing locations, and is comprised of three sections including: English, mathematics and logic.
- English: This standardised test includes multiple choice questions and an essay question, evaluating language proficiency and the fundamentals of grammar and vocabulary. The minimum threshold to be shortlisted is a B1 level for UCA’s preparatory programme, and a B2/C1 level for direct entry. It is based on the Common European Framework for Reference in Languages (CEFR).
- Mathematics: The test consists of two sections: Section 1 includes five open-ended questions to review applicants’ natural mathematical way of thinking; and Section 2 includes 20 multiple choice questions. The minimum threshold to be shortlisted is 50% correct answers for the preparatory programme, and 70% for direct entry.
- Logic: The Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT), or logic test, is intended to assess the cognitive ability of students, independent of their linguistic and cultural background.
Students from who have completed the Stage I application form will receive an e-mail with an Application Number, Test Centre address, and time for the UCA Admissions Test. Students from outside Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan or Kazakhstan will be shortlisted after preliminary review, and invited to take the admissions test. You can only take the test at the location specified in your personal notification.
Please take the following to the test venue:
- Personal Application Number/email
- Original passport or other government issued photo ID
For students wishing to submit SAT and SAT Essay Scores, please report to University of Central Asia code 7834 OR send a scanned/official electronic version by April 4th 2021 by email to: email@example.com OR submit in person or by mail to:
University of Central Asia Central Administration Office
7th floor, Registrar's Office
138 Toktogul Street
If students submit SAT Scores and also sit for UCA's Admissions Test, only the results of UCA's test will be taken into consideration.
SAT and SAT Essay thresholds for Preparatory Programme:
- Math – 500
- Evidence-Based reading and Writing (ERW) – 500
- reading – 4;
- analysis – 4;
- writing – 4.
SAT and SAT Essay thresholds for Direct Entry:
- Math – 600
- Evidence-Based reading and Writing (ERW) – 550
- reading – 6;
- analysis – 6;
- writing – 6.
Test Centres *
* Test centres may be subject to change
Stage II Application, Recommendations and Financial Aid Forms
Stage II shortlisted candidates who score competitively on the UCA admissions and SAT tests, will be required in May 2021 to submit:
- Completed Stage II Application Form (Sections A to C);
- Two Recommendation Forms from instructors;
- Financial Aid Application.
Students must submit one recommendation form from their Mathematics instructor and one recommendation form from their English instructor, ideally in English. The recommendation form from the Mathematics teacher can also be in Russian.
Once a student is admitted, financial assistance is guaranteed.
Learn more about UCA's Scholarships, Grants and Fees
Tentatively, the student orientation will begin in late August and the first day of classes will be in September.